November 2010 Newsletter
Northwest Montessori Office Newsletter
"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words of thanks giving, but to live by them!"
-- John F. Kennedy
This Past October...
October has come and gone, but before we all start getting ready for Thanksgiving, we must remember how fun it was to finally pull out our sweaters, collect leaves, and carve pumpkins. Ms. Ali's class had a busy month learning all about spiders, seeds and pumpkins. Ms. Denise's class saw presentations on Argentina and Ecuador. Canada was the country Ms. Sunita's class learned about along with parts of a tree. Ms. Joan's class studied bats and owls. Nutrition, health, and hygiene were the focus of Ms. Meena's class. Ms. Malini's class practiced sorting, sizing, and sequencing items. We had so much fun at our Halloween party. The costumes were really something to see and the children had such a great time with the Halloween activities and pizza!
Upcoming November Events...
Thanksgiving Lunch - November 23rd
The last school day before the Thanksgiving holiday, our Northwest Montessori teachers will prepare a Thanksgiving feast for our students. We will fill our bellies with turkey, corn, mash potatoes and pie. Yummy!
Learning all about giving Thanks will also be on the menu.
Why the Montessori Method?...
All Montessori life is rooted in choice and the need to teach our children how to make wise choices. The challenge for parents and teachers alike is to allow children to make those choices - and let them live with the consequences and rewards of their actions. Our role as educators is to provide an environment that is safe, accepting, and encouraging where children can discover the confidence to make the right choices on their own.
• Please check and clean out your children's cubbies regularly.
• Please have a seasonally appropriate change of clothes in your child's cubby.
• On Friday, February 10th, the school will be hosting the annual Valentine's Day Party. Don't forget to wear your pink and red!
• The Winter Holiday Program has been moved to Wednesday, Decemeber 15th, 2010.
• Tuition is due by the 7th of each month. Payment received after the 7th will incur a $25 late fee and payment received after the 20th will incur an addition $30 late fee.
• Please don't park in either of our neighbor's parking lots.