Northwest Montessori Office Newsletter
"Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us by reason of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future."
-- Maria Montessori
We warmly welcome all of our new students and parents to the Northwest Montessori family and congratulations to all of our students who have moved up. We look forward to being part of your children's learning and growing.
Of course we miss all our kids who have moved on to elementary school this year but we know they will carry all the lessons and fond memories they gathered at Northwest Montessori out into the world.
September 24th -- African Safari
Elizabeth Kahura was born and raised in Kenya and has given over 700 school presentations on African culture and lifestyles in an effort to encourage greater tolerance toward cultural differences.
Fall Festival Weeks
All of our students will have a Fall Festival Week in their class this month! They will be learning about fall trees, different colors of fall, what seeds are, apples, and different animals of fall. Of course they will all have a wonderful time with falls crafts and singing fall songs too!
• Ms. Malini will be learning Body Parts and 5 Senses
• Ms. Meena will be learning Body Parts and "All About Me"
• Ms. Ali will be learning about apples
• September 22nd -- Orange Day
• Ms. Joan will be learning about Dinosaurs
• Ms. Sunita will be learning about the country Mexico
• Ms. Denise will be learning about North American
This Past Summer...
We have had so much fun this summer! Special activities like Splash Day, Ball Day, National Ice Cream Day, Board Game Day, Dress-Up Day, Hat Day, and Pajama Party have been real highlights. Of course our 4th of July show really showcased the skills and dedication of all of our students and was a wonderful experience for all the parents and staff.
• There will be a tuition increase starting September 1st. The increase is as follows: 18 months to 2 years: Full day $770, Half day $700 and 3 to 6 years: Full day $740, Half Day $680.
• Please have a seasonally appropriate change of clothes in your child's cubby.
• Tuition is due by the 7th of each month. Payment received after the 7th will incur a $25 late fee and payment received after the 20th will incur an addition $30 late fee.
• Please don't park in either of our neighbor's parking lots, specifically 1907 Koenig Lane.
• Please Label everything in your child's cubby, including nap blankets, and show and tell items.
• The school will be closed on September 7th in observance of Labor Day.